Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

It has been such a long time since I've written. Oh, my, where does the time go? Thanksgiving was so fun at the Flemmer house. Tuesday night Seth came home late. We had fallen asleep and when he came in to say Hi and I'm home, someone else followed him into the bedroom. In my sleepiness I wondered who else could be here. It was Chelsea. She had surprised us all for Thanksgiving. She flew to Omaha for cheap and Seth picked her up. After Thanksgiving she went back to Lincoln for 2 days and then flew back to Detroit. It was a wonderful surprise.

Thanksgiving day we spent with my family Valgene, Candace, my parents, Travis, Stephanie, Rhys, Nathan and Candace's parents and sister and family. My aunt and uncle Dale and Darlene Miller were also there. We had lots and lots of yummy food. We had our laughs at watching people play on Nathan's Wii. Grandma and Grandpa Kreiter even tried out the bowling game! I almost thought we should buy them one for Christmas. Actually, they are using them in nursing homes, so it wouldn't be such an oddity at all!

Friday found me at work and the rest of the family fighting lines and people shopping. Cara was the early bird this year and awakened at 4 a.m. to meet Brienne and friend Kayla. Kimber and Chelsea followed after I left for work.

Friday evening we had our second Thanksgiving with Jolene and family. I made turkey again and Breighton commented that he thinks I make the best turkey of them all. It is a process of soaking in a salt, spicey, citric acid brine followed by marinating it. This turkey was smaller than any I have made and it got a little salty. Never the less it was rather tastey. I don't eat meat except on Thanksgiving. The food was again wonderful with the traditional mashed potatoes, dressing and Jolene brought her yummy lettuce salad with raspberry vinagerette. We were all a little sleepy so it was off to bed fairly early.

Saturday evening Chelsea and Seth's friend, Anna, flew in from MN. Her dad works for NWA and she couldn't find a flight back to NE, so she flew to Bismarck and went back to Union with Seth and Chelsea. We had a great time playing games into the wee hours of the morning.

I think if we had to describe Thanksgiving at our house it would be one of laughter! What a great memory we made this Thanksgiving.

No comments: