Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Evening

It is Friday. Oh, what a tremendous blessing Sabbath is! I love it. Tonight I will share some pictures from our trip to Chicago.




This was in Millenium Park. I love this park.






Chelsea looking into the above. I can't remember what it is called, but it is certainly cool to see the city skyline in it or yourself!






This is an outdoor stage where they have concerts scheduled throughout the summer. We listened to the fabulous Battle Creek Brass Band when we were there. Now I wish we would have stayed for more of it. You can't hardly get a feel for the massiveness of this from the picture. Way in front of the stage there are hundreds of chairs. People will come with blankets or nothing and sit on the ground here too. There are speakers positioned across the metal bars.



We ate at a fabulous restaraunt, Giordona's. Yummy yummy pizza. We had the deep dish one. Oh, my goodness! It has a crust on the bottom, about 5 lbs of cheese on top of that with a top crust and the sauce on the very top. Mmmmmmm. It was so yummy, but definitely something you can't eat more than once a year due to the high fat content!



While we were gone, Cara stayed home alone so she could start school and volleyball. She decided that staying home alone is way over rated!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tami, I know you and Kimber took Chelsea back to school somewhere in Michigan but where. Also, it has been a week now, how is she doing? It is very hard seeing your kids grow up and leave but it has it's rewards too. It is hard to believe they are all grown up, it seems like only a few years ago I was telling your mom the same thing about you. Take care. Shirley

Tami said...

Chelsea is going to University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She is doing just fine. She has met some other students and is feeling much more prepared knowing where to go, how to get there and how much time it takes to get there. She also knows where there is a Walmart! :-)

Anonymous said...

We looked at your blog last night. Cookie is like "What is a blog?". OK. We are impressed with the start that you have on your blog.
I can't believe how fast your kids have grwon up. Chelsea in Grad School, Seth in college and bringing his girlfriend home, (he is my buddy), and of course Cara, already a Senior! We really enjoy watching her play her sports.
Cookie will always remember her bringing over those flowers and that candy bar, while you and Kimber where out of town. She took her time to spend a couple of hours with us. We needed that! Most kids just don't do that. Your kids are not like most kids. Even Chelsea and Seth stopped by before they left for college.
You and Kimber, and your family is so special to us.
Take care and keep working on your blog, now the fun begins...you have to update it!!