Last weekend was Alumni Weekend at DAA. It was our 30 year class reunion. Oh, my. We remembered just how old we thought those people were when we were in high school. Class dynamics are interesting. Seems like when we get together one reverts back to the dynamics of 30 years ago. WHY? I loved chatting and getting reacquainted with friends of yesteryear, yet I spent a rather sleepless night on Saturday night after it was all over. 30 years have past and yet some of the same old feelings crept in. It is just dumb! I was just so frustrated with myself. I have changed and grown so much in those 30 years. I am certainly not the same person I was back then and yet to get some of the group together, it just felt like I went back in time and I forgot all the lessons I had learned along the way. Is there anyone else who understands those feelings?
I was also amazed at others who had the same feelings as I had about how mean we were to some people. We were so mean to some that it just ruined their lives. (Literally) No, they didn't have to allow it to do so, but never the less, we contributed to some people being very miserable and even a moment of misery was too much. Often, I used some of those experiences of how I perceived to have been treated on an occasion or 2 or how I treated others and the devastation it brought to their lives. How some of us would love to catch up to those we wronged and tell them how sorry we truly are!
We had a house full of family that weekend with my dad and mom and 2 of my mom's brothers and wives - Arlie and Karen; Jim and Bonnie. What a treat to host them in our home! There was not a motel to be rented in Bismarck last weekend. Hostfest was in Minot and all the hotels obviously for many miles around were fully booked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment