Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Volleyball road trip

Yesterday afternoon I took off of work to drive Shiloh volleyball players down to Strasburg for their game. It was such a nice afternoon - sunny! We got there early and I did a little work that I had along with me. I watched the JV games and they were very good.

Then it was time for the varsity to play their games. They were all so very close. Shiloh winning 2 games then Strasburg/Zeeland winning the next 2 games. The crowd was unbelievable. There were 5 Shiloh spectators in this crowd of Strasburg/Zeeland supporters. I had forgotten how important these games are to the small town. It truly is a community social event. It was just fun to be in that energy. Well, Shiloh worked hard and they won the last game - again close game!

The fun continued on the way home. We got to Hazelton when I thought the car was not handling too well. I told Cara to get out and check the tires on her side of the car. She got back in and said, "You'll have to have it checked when you get home, but just drive." What did that mean? She said that it looked a little flat, but we could drive home. I got out of the car and it was flat and hot! So we determined to change the tire. The trick was finding all the tools needed without a flashlight! Finally the other Shiloh cars caught up with us and they shone their lights for us to change the tire. It was hard getting the bolts loosened, but we did it!!! It was so cold outside with 45 degrees and 20 mph winds. Brrrr. It took some time, but the job was finished and we made it back to Bismarck. Now to get new tires before we leave again on Thursday for Lincoln.

No comments: