Monday, October 20, 2008

Lincoln, NE

Just got back from a long weekend in Lincoln with Seth. Had a wonderful time. We stayed with our friends, Lil and Jim Gibson. So good to visit again. We drove all night Thursday night. I think I am getting a little old for that, but we made it and all drove a few hrs. Friday we just hung out with Seth and Friday evening we met cousin, Lonnie and Bonnie Kreiter at HuHot a Mongolian Stir Fry.


Sabbath we went to Henry Doorly Zoo. It was a gorgeous day. Chilly at first, but when the sun came out it was perfect. We had quite a surprise there when we stood beside a couple and were watching some animals outside and leaning over a railing. We all stood up at the same time and the woman said, HI! It was Nicole Horst and friend, Jeff. How surprised we all were to meet at the zoo.

Saturday night Seth had arranged for tickets to the Lincoln Stars Hockey game. I wish I knew just a little more of the rules so I could understand the game just a bit better, but it too was fun. After the game we were a bit hungry so we had some pizza. Sunday morning Kimber and I went for a walk/run on a nice bike trail close to the Gibson's house. Seth came over for breakfast/brunch and off to a bit more shopping. More looking than shopping. Seth watched the Minnesota Vikings and we took in some pet stores and I started purchasing a few quilting supplies. I have determined that when I go into the empty nest syndrome, I am going to do the one thing I have always wanted to do, even since college days - quilt. I bought a beginners book and rotary cutting mat. Sunday evening we went to Crisante's a nice Italian restaurant with my aunt and uncle, Arlie and Karen Fandrich. Our long weekend is now over and we are all a little sad that our long awaited time together is over. We missed Chelsea all weekend. It was just a little odd to not have her there with us too. We talked often, and our hearts were together, just not physically! Tomorrow it is back to reality and work. Ugghhh.

Here are a few zoo pictures:





Spider Monkeys in the rain forest. Did you know that spider monkeys live most of their lives 100-150 ft off the ground in trees rarely coming to the ground? I loved the rain forest section.








Silly meerkats were posing with their babies.




We laughed the most at the gorillas and the orangutangs. We didn't get a picture of the orangutangs, but as we walked up to their outdoor cage one of them saw Kimber eat some gobstoppers. She put out her hand and "demanded" one too. We threw one into her hand. It bounced out. A younger one searched and found it on the ground below, picked it up and put it in her mouth, spit it out, looked at it, put it in her mouth and over and over it want.
One of my favorite exhibits was the moths and butterfly exhibit. These are just a couple of pictures I took.

1 comment:

iqbal said...

hallo...im a indonesian,my name iqbal.thats a good picture..